Monday, March 4, 2013

Oven Fajitas

I got a Pinterest account some time ago and I can't decide what I think of it.  I use it, I actively pin things and look at things others have pinned but I mostly use it as a place to bookmark things I want to try.  The hard part is actually trying the things I've pinned.  I realized after I made these fajitas that I hadn't actually pinned them, I'd just seen the pin going 'round and 'round Pinterest.  This recipe comes from Budget Bytes, which is one of my go-to blogs for tasty dishes that don't require 2 hours of prep/cooking.

You've got to make the homemade fajita seasoning.  I don't like the storebought ones because they're way too salty.  This seasoning has just a touch of salt and I think the flavor is perfect.

Overall, I really enjoyed the fajitas.  The meat was cooked perfectly and I want to use this same method for all my chicken dishes from now on.  Some of the peppers got a little softer than I usually like but that won't prevent me from making this again.  I also wonder how it would taste with shrimp.


Ingredients:

Fajita Seasoning
1 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tbsp paprika
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp corn starch

Fajitas
2 bell peppers seeded and cut into strips
1 1/2 onions cut into strips
1 1/4 lbs chicken breast cut into strips
2 tbsp vegetable oil

Preheat your oven to 400.  Mix the seasoning ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.  Combine cut up peppers, onions and chicken in a 9x13 pan.  Sprinkle the seasoning evenly over the ingredients in the pan.  Drizzle oil over the seasoned goodies and then mix with your hands to evenly distribute seasoning and oil.  Bake for 40 minutes, stirring really well once about halfway through.

Recipe from Budget Bytes

No comments:

Post a Comment