Monday, August 26, 2013

Bokum wings with feta dressing


One of Dave's all-time favorite Korean dishes is Jaeyuk Bokum, a spicy and sweet pork dish.  It's delicious and he's kind of known for loving it in my family.  I was craving some chicken wings and I wasn't feeling a vinegary buffalo sauce so I thought I'd give the bokum sauce another try.  You see, I attempted to make Bokum wings for the Super Bowl this year and used the same sauce I would for the pork and it almost burned my face off.

These wings definitely have some kick so I wanted a cool and creamy sauce to go with them.  I have a deep and undying love for bleu cheese and bleu cheese dressing but no bleu cheese in the fridge.  Bleu.  However, I have 2 containers of feta because Kroger was having a BOGO on it and you don't look a feta BOGO in the mouth.



Bokum wings

Ingredients:

15ish frozen chicken wings
salt
pepper
2 tbsps kochujang (spicy pepper paste from your friendly neighborhood Asian market)
1 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp vinegar
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Preheat your oven to 375.  While your oven is heating, mix kochujang, ketchup, honey, vinegar and garlic powder in small saucepan over low heat.  Bring to a simmer and let it cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Turn your burner to warm and let the sauce hang out.

Once the oven is hot, put your frozen wings on a foil-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Cook for 20 minutes, flip, sprinkle on a little more salt and pepper and let cook for another 20 minutes.

When your wings are done, heat a large frying pan to medium and add your wings and sauce.  Turn wings to coat and let cook only a couple of minutes.  The heat helps the sauce flavor the wings more than just pouring sauce on.

Serve with feta dressing

Feta Dressing

Ingredients:

1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/8 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp garlic powder
2 oz. crumbled feta
salt
pepper

Mix everything together and stick it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.  Serve with hot bokum wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment