Tuesday, February 5, 2013

And so it begins with soup...

On Monday I decided to make one of my frequent "what's in the house right now" stews. Usually they turn out pretty good, but this time I was very excited about the results. This seemed to be one of the best yet!

First I boiled some lentils for 25 minutes. Then I sauteed onions, carrots and sweet potato chunks in olive oil for a bit, then added a can of diced tomatoes, the lentils and enough chicken stock and water to cover everything. Then I added a chicken breast and poached it for about 30 minutes, turning it half way through. I shredded the chicken and there was some salt and pepper in there somewhere. That's it!


The results? Tasty deliciousness. It was nice and creamy, weirdly, and worthy of a few work lunches and a bowl in the freezer for Si to try this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment